Apple just announced its new flagship smartphone – the iPhone 7 along with its huge improvements and features. Here are the top 16 upgrades you need to know:
- It is dust & water resistant
- It has 3x faster LTE than iPhone 6
- The camera lets in 50% more light. The 12-megapixel sensor is faster and more efficient.
- Apple calls the new camera a ‘supercomputer’: it has an image signal processor that can use machine learning to adjust according to the scene.
- It’ll have a dual lens setup
- It won’t have a headphone jack and headphones will plug into the lightning connector instead
- It is compatible with Apple’s new wireless headphones – the AirPods
- iPhone 7 starts at $649, iPhone 7 Plus from $749
- Apple is cutting the 16GB, as both phones are coming in 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB
- Pre-orders will begin September 9, and shipping on September 16
- iPhone 7 will be available in black and high-gloss jet black finishes. The signature finishes will still be available: silver, gold, and rose gold.
- Older headphones can still be connected via a dongle/adapter that will come along with the AirPods and the new iPhone
- The new processor that powers both iPhones is called A10 Fusion, 60% faster than A9 chip in the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- Longer lasting batteries than any other previous models
- Screens are 25% brighter than that of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be the first to include stereo speakers
Let us know what you think about the new iPhone by posting some comments below!