I love baking but for the last 30 years of my existence, I have never done it until today. Either I didn’t have the equipment or simply didn’t have the time. Okay, I must admit – I didn’t make time. Today changed it all because I am finally able to break the record – I am baking, at last!
Starting with the very simple recipe I got from my sister-in-law, we made a Banana Bread with a little twist to it, we’re adding walnuts to give it a different texture and flavor. See below the step by step guide.
- 4 overripe bananas (especially those with dark spots on the peel, it is said to produce more TNF or Tumor Necrosis Factor which combats cancer).
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 medium sized eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup of butter (melted)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F while preparing the batter.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients: butter, vanilla extract, eggs. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, walnuts. Mix well.
5. Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly.