Spring has sprung in the Evergreen state. Growing up, I have always wondered if I’ll ever experience dancing under the Cherry blossom trees. Coming from a tropical country, it is extra special for us to see such a pretty tree in person. The fact that most of them only bloom for a week, you have to diligently research about it and be there at the right time.
Some facts about Cherry blossoms:
- Cherry blossoms are Japan’s national flower.
- A symbol of friendship between Japan and the United States, according to National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.
- Usually peaks around April 4th but blooms can be difficult to predict. Do your homework.
- These flowers likely originated somewhere from Eurasia according to the Huffingtonpost.
- There are about 200 varieties of Cherry Blossoms